Frequently Asked Questions Sun Trip Preserver
Ask before you need to know.
The following questions and answers are provided to assist you in understanding your coverage. Conflicts between this document and the Policy will be governed by the Policy. If you don’t see your question answered below, please call us at 1-866-889-7409 or send a message to RedSky@ArchInsurance.com. Please refer to Sun Trip Preserver.
Click on a question to reveal the answer.
- Q: What are the general types of coverage included in the Sun Trip Preserver plan?
- Red Sky's Sun Trip Preserver protects you before your departure, during your trip, and on your home. A wide range of unforeseen events that could cancel or interrupt your travel plans. Coverage includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, travel delay, baggage delay, lost or stolen personal items, emergency accident and sickness medical expense and emergency evacuation, and 24-hour assistance services.
- Q: What is trip cancellation?
- Trip cancellation is financial reimbursement of your prepaid, non-refundable vacation rental costs when an unforeseen event, which is a covered reason under your policy, causes you to cancel your trip
- Q: What is trip interruption?
- Trip interruption financial reimbursement for your unused prepaid travel expenses and/or the additional airfare to return home, when an unforeseen event, from which you are protected under your policy, causes you to cut short your trip and return home ahead of schedule must occur after your policy takes effect.
- Q: If I get sick or hurt while on my trip is there coverage?
- If You incur Covered Medical Expenses as a result of Emergency Treatment of an Accidental Injury which occurs while on Your Trip or a Sickness which first manifests itself during the Trip. The Company will pay benefits up to the maximum shown in Schedule of Coverage and Services. This is Primary coverage.
- Q: What happens if a hurricane hits?
- Sun Trip Preserver protects you against trip cancellation or trip interruption when a hurricane causes you to lose 4 days or 50% or your trip length. Coverage is also provided if the roadways are closed due to a natural disaster preventing you from reaching your destination.
- Q: What about storm damage?
- Coverage is provided if your destination accommodations are rendered uninhabitable due to a natural disaster such as a tropical storm, flooding or fire.
- Q: What is a Pre-Existing Medical Condition?
- A Pre-Existing Medical Condition is any injury, sickness, or medical condition of yourself, a traveling companion, or a member of your or your traveling companion's family for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received within the 60-day period ending on the effective date of your Trip Preserver policy. A condition is not considered pre-existing if the condition for which prescribed drugs or medicine are taken remains controlled without any change in the required prescription remains controlled without any change in the required prescription.
- Q: What is a Waiver of a Pre-Existing Medical Condition?
- This is a waiver that qualifies the Pre-Existing Medical Condition to not be excluded as a protected reason for a cancellation or interruption of your trip. To obtain the waiver you need to buy your Trip Preserver Plan within 21 days of your initial trip deposit and insure the trip's full non-refundable cost. You must not be disabled from travel when you buy the policy, and the insured trip must be your first and only booking for the same destination and scheduled travel dates
- Q: Who is considered a family member under the policy?
- Any of the following relatives of your or your traveling companion are considered family members under the policy: a legal or common-law spouse; a domestic partner; a parent or legal guardian; step-parent, grandparent, parents-in-law, grandchild, natural or adopted child, foster child or ward, step-child, children-in-law, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, sister, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew.
- Q: When is the best time to purchase Sun Trip Preserver?
- The best time to purchase the policy is with your initial trip deposit. To obtain the Waiver of Pre-Existing conditions this insurance must be purchased within 21 days of the trip deposit. Your prompt purchase ensures that you are afforded the maximum protection under the policy
- Q: Can you ever decide to cancel your Trip Preserver policy?
- You may cancel coverage under the policy by giving your property manager written notice within the first to occur of the following: (a) 14 days from the Effective Date of Your coverage; or (b) Your Scheduled Departure Date. If You do this, the Company will refund Your premium paid provided You have not filed a claim under the policy.
- Q: Where can I find information about filing a claim?
- All claims forms are available by clicking the "Claims" button at the top of this page. You can also find required documents listed on each claim form, which can be used as a convenient checklist for submitting your claim. If you need further information please call our plan administrator, Red Sky Insurance, at 1-866-889-7409 and one of our claims representatives will be happy to assist you.
- Q: Why medical records are sometimes needed with a claim filing?
- Medical records are requested to confirm that Trip Preserver covers the specific medical condition causing the claim. It is also possible that the attending physician's statement is incomplete or needs further clarification. The medical records are normally needed when your plan does not include the waiver of a pre-existing medical condition your plan does not include the waiver of a pre-existing medical condition.