NOTICE: We strongly urge you to read our COVERAGE ALERT before purchasing your travel protection plan. It is important that you understand how our policies limit or exclude coverage related to COVID-19, as well as temporary, specific accommodations we are making during the pandemic.
Coverage Alert -- COVID-19
Updated May 18, 2022
COVID-19 is impacting worldwide travel, with continued spread and disruptions expected. COVID-19 became a known event on January 21, 2020 and was recognized as an epidemic as of February 3, 2020. The US began instituting restrictions on travel on March 21, 2020.
As of March 21, 2020, COVID-19 is considered a foreseeable event and as of this date, COVID-19 and its impacts to travel are not covered under our plans. Claims due to known, foreseeable, or expected events, epidemics, government prohibitions, warnings, quarantine including quarantine due to COVID exposure, travel advisories or fear of travel are generally not covered, and coverage can vary by state.
However, until further notice, although not covered under most plans, we are currently accommodating claims for:
- Under the Emergency Medical Expense Benefit: Emergency medical expenses for an insured who becomes ill with COVID-19 and requires medical treatment while on their trip.
- Under the Emergency Medical Evacuation Benefit: Transportation to a higher level of care for an insured when their condition is acute, severe or life threatening as a result of contracting COVID-19 while on their trip. Transport must be authorized as medically necessary by the attending Physician and our Program Assistance Provider.
- Under the Trip Cancellation Benefit: If an insured, insured's family member, or a traveling companion, or a business partner or a traveling companion's family member, tests positive with COVID-19 (through a third party lab or physician's office) within 10 days* of the trip departure. As documentation, we require a signed Attending Physician's Statement indicating the date of first onset of symptoms, the date of the positive COVID-19 test, and a physician's statement certifying the symptoms or restrictions. At-home tests that are not proctored by an accredited health care professional will not be accepted.
* For updated CDC guidance on COVID-19, please visit the CDC's website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html#do-not-travel
- Under the Trip Interruption Benefit: If an insured, insured's family member, or a traveling companion, or a business partner or a traveling companion's family member tests positive with COVID-19 during their trip with a signed Attending Physician Statement. We will also accept a lab report of a positive COVID-19 test administered and supervised by an accredited health care professional (such as CVS, Walgreens, etc.). Results solely from an at-home test are not acceptable.
- Under the Trip Delay Benefit: Trip delay benefits apply if you are delayed en route to, during or returning home from your trip if an insured, insured family member who is also traveling, or insured’s traveling companion tests positive with COVID-19 with a signed Attending Physician Statement. We will also accept a lab report of a positive COVID-19 test administered and supervised by an accredited health care professional (such as CVS, Walgreens, etc.) Results solely from an at-home test are not acceptable.
These accommodations are strictly applicable to COVID-19 and are only available for insureds whose plan includes the applicable benefit. All other terms, conditions, and exclusions of the plan apply as normal.
You may cancel coverage under the policy by providing us with written notice within the specified time sensitive period from the purchase date of your coverage as indicated in your policy, provided you have not filed a claim under the policy or departed for your trip. If you have cancelled your scheduled trip, the premium is non-refundable outside of this money back guarantee period.
CANCELLING OR RESCHEDULING YOUR TRIP
If you decide to cancel or reschedule your trip, please contact your property manager to discuss your options.
Arch Insurance Company is assisting insureds who wish to change their travel plans, require travel assistance or would like to file a claim. Our customer service & claims teams are available to provide assistance and review applicable coverages under your plan. Our assistance team is ready to help all of our insureds who need help while traveling, such as locating medical facilities or rebooking transportation.
Any insured who has a medical issue while traveling or who has any other questions regarding their plan is encouraged to call us at 1-866-889-7409. We review every claim based on its unique facts and circumstances and are happy to answer any questions you may have.
For more information on COVID-19, please see our Coronavirus FAQs at https://www.trippreserver.com/covid-19-faqs/. The information in this Coverage Alert is current as of the time of publication but is subject to change as the situation develops. Please visit https://www.trippreserver.com for the latest coverage information.
The accommodations described above are strictly limited to the terms specifically stated above and for no other further purpose, express or implied. Arch Insurance Company hereby disclaims any interpretation that it is a guarantee of coverage or admission of liability. Such accommodations should not be construed to be a waiver of any term, condition, or exclusion of our plans. Arch Insurance Company and its reinsurers reserve all rights, remedies, and defenses under our plans, under applicable law, and at equity.
Insurance coverages are underwritten by Arch Insurance Company, NAIC #11150, under certain policy series including LTP 2013 and amendments thereto. Plans are marketed by Out of Towne, LLC. dba Red Sky and offered and disseminated by registered travel retailers* on behalf of Arch Insurance Solutions, Inc., a licensed travel insurance producer (CA License #0I18111, TX License #1787195) . Certain terms, conditions, restrictions and exclusions apply and coverages may vary in certain states. In the event of any conflict between your policy terms and coverage descriptions on this website, the terms and conditions of your policy shall govern. For a complete description of the coverage and benefit limits offered under your specific plan, carefully review your Plan documents. *Plans are solicited by licensed producers in NY and HI.